STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Day 77: Sweet sixteen

Sixteen miles!

16.3, actually... I just couldn't help myself.

Excellent day on the trail: 70 degrees, overcast, a light breeze. Felt good, strong the whole way; my pace was the same as on the 15-miler two weeks ago -- actually a tiny, tiny bit faster (just a few seconds a mile). Saw hockey-mask-girl twice. No near-collisions with her or anyone else. Plenty of gels and Gatorade-like product from the fuel belt, so I wasn't hungry or thirsty. Of course, my knobby knees are sore now, and I think I may have a few toe-blisters.

Carbo-loaded on a box of macaroni and cheese yesterday evening, and devoured another box after today's run.

If you'll notice at the top of this page, it looks like I've run nearly as many miles as I've biked so far on the training plan -- I've only biked one more mile. Ridiculous!

And now, I'm going to use the rest of this Labor Day weekend to recover. Hopefully the weather will hold. A lot of people are out of town, so it should be a pretty quiet few days. In two weeks, when I'm in Phoenix (to see the Diamondbacks play at Chase Field, thus completing my tour of all major-league baseball stadia), I'll have EIGHTEEN miles to run. Oh boy!

No comments: