STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 12: Lightning!

Enormous thunderstorms here this evening in Des Moines, with more rain predicted. Hopefully it won't result in even more flooding.

I was going to write a little bit about food, and what I've been eating, and the challenges of keeping the stomach happy while training AND traveling, but I spent some time just looking out the hotel window at huge bolts of lightning all around. I'll let one of my FEMA colleagues have the last word: "One point twenty-one jig-awatts!"

2 comments:

JoshS said...

Christopher LLoyd works for FEMA?

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Love the Back to the Future reference...

Yes, lightning means stay indoors. Especially if you have flammable products in your hair, like I do! Get over to that treadmill, instead...