STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Friday, June 20, 2008

Day 7: The bike is back

Last Saturday, the day after returning from the bike trip, I dropped off my bike for a tune-up and asked for the wheels to be examined. In the front, there'd been a weird noise since I broke a spoke in Fort Wayne; in the back, I'd started to get phantom flat tires.

Today I went to pick up the bike, and when they brought it out, the rear tire was flat. Oops... guess they hadn't checked that out. They replaced the rim strip -- and then noticed that there was something sticking out of the tire. "Hmm," the guy said. "Guess you need a new tire."

Once that was done, I spun the front wheel. Still that weird noise: only present at low speed. The guy shrugged and disassembled the wheel... turns out that the Fort Wayne spoke repair had stuck a "nipple" in the wheel somehow. Whatever. The annoying click I've dealt with since Indiana is now gone. (At staggering expense, of course.)

Now that the bike is ready for action... time for more running.

No comments: