STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Friday, October 24, 2008

Day 134: Wait for the dawn

Weatherwatch for Nov. 2 (from weather.com):
Partly cloudy, high 61°, chance precip. 20%, wind NNE 7 mph, humidity 64%, UV index 3

Evidently the average high for Nov. 2 is 58°, with a record high (from 1950) of 83°. Yikes.

This is an excellent forecast, except that a north wind would be in my freakin' face for most of the first 20 or so miles (although with a tailwind for the end). We'll see how the forecast changes over the next week or so.

I was supposed to do a pre-dawn, 30-degree run with Katie early this morning, but I bailed, instead opting for extra sleep. Hey, I'm tapering! I did get in my 4 miles later in the day. Today was supposed to be a rest day, but since I didn't run Wednesday, I ran today. Next scheduled rest day: Monday.

A few people were over at the Norris Palace for bagels last night, which was really nice. Major props to Crystal for bringing chocolate-chip cookies, which I l-o-v-e. Bigbig.

Christopher's had CBC pumpkin on tap. Excellent to know.

And now: time to sleep. Tomorrow: the last "long" run, and a few other marathon-related preps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If I'd known that's all it took...