STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day 84: The ol' switcheroo (again)

A girl -- OK, a tropical storm -- named Hanna changed my plans a little bit for this weekend.

Original plan: wake up, run 12, go to breakfast at Ben & Katie's, drive to New York, go to sleep, wake up, run 3.

New plan: wake up, drive to New York to beat the bad weather, run 3, go to sleep (hopefully without losing electricity), wake up, run 12.

I would have stuck with the original plan, but when I woke up this morning, it was pouring (although I later realized that it was an off-and-on rain that wouldn't have been a problem), and the forecast for the afternoon in New York was for tropical storm conditions, and I didn't like the thought of braving the Throgs Neck Bridge in 50-mile-an-hour gusts.

Since I've learned to be flexible and accommodating, making the change didn't faze me one bit. For good measure, I leadfooted it to Long Island, making the trip in under three and a half hours, which is superb time by any reasonable standard (and some unreasonable ones). After a speedy run (actually 3.3 miles -- finished well before the rain started), I showered and went to brunch with my parents and my brother and his fiance. We may cancel plans to go to dinner later because of the storm, but in any case, tomorrow the weather forecast is good, and I'll get in the dozen before heading to Brooklyn to see my grandmother and aunt and uncle. Then Monday: back to Boston... with bagels!

2 comments:

JoshS said...

Bring me some bagel boss!

Unknown said...

Say hi to the fam from the Doyles! You'd better show your mom Finn's website. When's the next bagel brunch?