STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 88: Dawn

Autumn chill was in the air at dawn as I ran my four miles today.

I was reminded of when my downstairs neighbor, Dawn, moved in. She explained that "Dawn" and "Don" have opposite pronounciations in Boston and New York: the thick New York accent of "Daaawwwnnn" is actually how you pronounce "Dooonnn" in Boston, and vice-versa. Hilarity.

Clear and sunny today, and should be clear (if not sunny) tonight -- ideal weather for the Red Sox, though still a bit short of first place, to whup the (ex-Devil) Rays, who for some reason so far unexplained by sabremetricians and/or baseball psychologists still lead the AL East.

Now, about to start my all-day meeting, as I longingly eye the other rays of September through filthy downtown-Boston windows. (Our host handed out Obama buttons to everyone before we began -- heh.)

No comments: