STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Day 92: Three more miles and ten more innings

The ballgames today and yesterday here in Phoenix -- Diamondbacks vs. Reds -- have both been damp squibs. Both were one-run games won in the 10th by Cincinnati (3-2 yesterday and 2-1 today); both were long, drawn-out, and devoid of interest or excitement. But my brother and his fiance arrived this morning from L.A. and joined my dad and me for snazz-o-matic brunch at the top of the Hyatt, in the revolving Compass restaurant, which was excellent, and we went for a pretty good dinner after the game, too, and then they all boarded planes, and I went back to the SpringHill Suites to relax and prepare to fly back to Boston in the morning. I don't take red-eyes anymore. Too old for that.

It was 100 degrees today. And yesterday.

Three more miles this morning, west on Van Buren through 'downtown.' Not too stiff from the 18-miler (or 21-miler, whatever it was). Ran past what I think was a bread factory. Agreeable smells.

Today is three months since I began this blog, and three months and one day since the bike trip ended. Reminds me of the old saying: time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

3 months? Holy moly! Well done old chap!