STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 112: One month to go

Six more early-morning miles here in Austin. And only one more month of preparation to go.

It's an interesting time. Soon, the taper will be at hand. Soon, I'll be able to focus on rest and nutrition. But until then, I have a lot more running to do, including three more long runs: 20, 12, and 15 miles. It's funny how my attitude toward running has changed: this morning, on CNN, there was a segment highlighting a woman who has run two half-marathons, and my reaction was, so what? I actually had to think a moment before remembering that not long ago, the idea of running even five miles was a ludicrous consideration.

Running has become important to me, and I have taken pains (and suffered pains) to ensure that I have enough time to do my training. Today there was an article in the New York Times highlighting the importance of relaxing during running, and I always do try to relax. It can be a little stressful to run in the morning, knowing that you've got to finish up and shower and get dressed and start a long day of work. It was particularly stressful this morning, in the Residence Inn fitness center, because Fox News was blaring on the TV in front of me (and the Today Show was blaring on the TV next to me, causing even more auditory confusion). But it is also a respite, when it goes well.

And now, back to Biden and Palin. Yeesh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A half marathon seems like a beast to me! Congratulations on your fitness!