STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Day 118: In the dark

Running togs on, I was literally heading out the door when the phone rang. "Hey." It was Katie. "Have you run yet today?" She was on the commuter train, heading home.

It was already close to sunset. "No," I said. And then, cautiously, "I've never run in the dark."

Well, I waited for Katie, and we ran in the near-dark, followed by the dark. Almost halfway into the 4-miler, at Spy Pond, we spied Erik(-2) and Julie, and stopped to chat with them for a bit. It was spooky during the run back along the Minuteman Trail, but hey, it's October. Cricket-song and other outdoor noises accompanied us as we chugged along. "This reminds me of summer camp!" I said. "Cool!" Katie said. I had to remind her: "I hated summer camp." "What do you mean?" Katie demanded: "Didn't everyone like Girl Scout Camp?" Only the cookies, Katie.

Tomorrow morning: back to New York, to join my grandmother, parents, and brother. Even my aunt and uncle will be coming in from Phoenix. Not sure what will happen next... still in the dark, I suppose.

Bonus: I've been assigned Wave Start #2 for the race, which means my gun goes off at 10:00 (so to speak).

No comments: