STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 138: Wet & leafy

Weatherwatch for Nov. 2 (from weather.com):
Partly cloudy, high 50°, chance precip. 20%, wind NNE 8 mph, humidity 54%, UV index 3
(overnight low Nov. 1: 39°, chance precip. 20%)

Four more miles today on the trail. Sunset was before 6:00.

I am starting to get up earlier every day this week so I won't be in total shock when I wake up double-triple-early on Sunday -- SUNDAY! -- for the Big Race. This means that it's dark when I wake, so today I ran after work, and tomorrow I will do the same, but a bit earlier.

It was rainy most of the day today, but only drizzling when I went for the run. The trail is covered in leaves and pine needles, and everything was soaked through today -- I was paranoid about slipping and injuring myself. In fact, I've been paranoid about getting sick or injuring myself in general. Evidently this is considered a normal part of the taper... with no long running to do, the mind tends to wander, and to occupy itself with whatever horrible, sordid thoughts happen to be floating about.

I have been receiving encouragement and sage advice from many friends, which is very much appreciated.

And now, it's after 9:00, which means it's pumpkin time for me. Not beer, alas... sleep.

No comments: