STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Day 101: The fall

Don't worry -- I just mean "autumn." As in, today's the first day of it.

Autumn comes early in Maine. On my way back to Cambridge, I got an eyeful of leaves already beginning to turn. Soon leaf-peeping season will be in full swing.

When I woke up this morning, I actually felt fine -- no physical indications that I'd just run a half-marathon. Of course, I didn't run as hard as I could have, since it was mostly a practice run for me. But I remember how I felt after I ran my first 13-miler, and my first 15-miler... and my first 16-miler, and the 18-miler (which might have been a 21-miler)... and I didn't feel anything at all like I did after those. I stopped a few times during the nearly five-hour drive back from Maine and made sure to walk a few minutes each time, but when I got home, I still felt good, so I ran four more miles -- which actually was called for today in the training plan. We'll see how I do tomorrow. I'm not going to sleep with the knee and shin compression things because they're on the drying rack right now... yikes.

Art imitates life: right now I'm watching "Empire Falls" on Netflix, having read the book some time ago. Whoever loaned me the book... thanks!

No comments: