STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day 108: Not outrunning the rain (or my own legs)

My knees and right hamstring are sore from yesterday's (almost) 20-miler. It rained all morning and most of the afternoon. And I had an appointment, once more, at Fenway Park, for what was supposed to be the last game of the season, against the vile Yankees. (Yesterday's game was rained out, though, so it was moved to tonight.) Hour-long rain delay obviously didn't help Matsuzaka, who lost; Mussina won his 20th.

I think the knee and shin covers helped me; I slept with them again last night. But the right hamstring really gave me pause, so I skipped today's scheduled 3-miler. I may adjust the week's running to compensate, but I might just end up missing those 3 miles for good. Tomorrow I'm flying to Austin to work with FEMA on Ike-recovery stuff; I may run in the evening, if all goes well. I'm on JetBlue, in an "even more leg room" seat, for which I had to shell out a few of my own bucks above what work paid for the ticket itself... maybe the four extra inches will prove critical!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope that extra leg room helps!

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

Good to rest up that leg. Woohoo for the leg room! My 20 miler is scheduled for Oct 11th - I'm holding out for good weather! You were right about the Mt. Vernon trail, it was a killer. I ran out of water at mile 16 and had to walk the last two, but still survived. Next time, I will stick to the city, near places that at least sell liquids.

Have a good one!