STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Day 15: Boat

Either the alarm clock or I failed briefly this morning, but -- probably because of all the running -- I was able to get myself together and out the door in record time. No chance of missing the early fast ferry to Provincetown, at the tip of Cape Cod, to spend a delightful day with Michael Landon, Mary Ann, and Guy. Michael Landon is also training for a marathon, in Louisville in October, and so we got in a run together this afternoon... although I did only three miles, as opposed to his five, since I'm entered in tomorrow morning's 7.5-mile New Charles River Run.

ML was very excited to test out his new shoes. Same as the old shoes, but blue instead of red, and still featuring the highly-touted Nike+ system... which I was not able to see in action, since he had forgotten to charge his iPod.

The evening boat pulled in and JC debarked, so I got to have about two minutes of quality time with him down by the docks, and then I boarded for the evening departure back to Boston. This time we were only about 25 minutes late getting in, delayed a bit due to fog. Last year, one of the two engines failed, so the ride took three hours instead of one and a half. I remember someone quipping on that occasion, "I hope the other engine doesn't fail... then it'll be a four and a half hour ride!"

Tomorrow: Longest. Run. Ever.

No comments: