STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 17: The bike

David wants to know: "Does biking with you mean I make it into the marathon blog, perhaps under some clever nom de bloggue that masks my true identity from those not in the know while cloaking me in an aura of mystery?" David, as you now know, yes, and also no.

Early this morning, we set out on a quick bike ride along the Minuteman Bikeway -- 14.6 miles. It felt good to get a few miles in, especially since there are no aftereffects from yesterday's race. It was hard to adjust to NOT biking, since during the bike trip I was known to ride as many as 50 miles in one day; I'd like to get back into cycling something like 20-25 miles at a time, somewhat regularly. It's good cross-training, and I've become pretty good on the bike too (and a dab hand at fixing flats, among other things). This morning, time was of the essence, but I'll try to carve out longer blocks in the coming days.

No comments: