STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day 9: Going the distance (sort of)

Covered 25.3 miles today -- hey, that's nearly a marathon! Sure, 22.1 were on the bike, but still, that ought to count for something.

Rode the Minuteman Bikeway to the end this morning, passing countless bikers, walkers, stroller-pushers, and rollerbladers. At one point in Lexington I realized a guy in a yellow jersey had been drafting off me for a few miles. Well, I didn't cotton to that, so after a street crossing, I kicked it up to 23 mph and I didn't see him again.

At about mile 16, a chipmunk darted BETWEEN the wheels of my bike.

Polished off today's 3-mile run afterward, also on the trail, running to Spy Pond and back. Yesterday, as we passed it together, Kevin asked, "Is that where they used to drown spies?" I could have told him... but then I'd've had to kill him.

Tomorrow morning: off to Des Moines, if my airplane ticket has gone through. Thanks, GovTrip!

No comments: