STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Day 6: Company

Katie called this morning and asked if I wanted to run after work. Of course I did! We went to Fresh Pond and got in a nice few miles, followed by a long cool-down walk back home. Unfortunately for Katie, she is a super-athlete, much faster than I am, and probably injured herself running slowly enough for me to keep up. Yikes.

I don't have a running buddy or partner, and I'm not part of a group, but I like running with company. Trouble is, most of my running friends are much faster than me! (Carson has run with me many times, without breaking a sweat, and coached me through the five-miler. ... And now that I think of it, I learned that I am, in fact, a little faster than Mike. Sorry, Mike!) To others: let me know if you're ever up for a run! (Kevin, Julie: looking forward to it!)

Clarification: up above, it shows that today I completed run no. 4. This isn't my fourth run ever -- just my fourth since this past Saturday, when I started the blog. I ran 22 times during the bike trip, and from November until April (right up to the bike crash on April 8), I ran 78 times (including two 5Ks and the 5-miler). So "run no. 4" is really run no. 104. I'm green, but I'm not that green.

[Shout-out to "JoshS," first contributor to my Central Park Conservancy fundraising effort: ThankS!]

No comments: