STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 8: Longest Run Ever (+ bike!)

Many of my runs have been the Longest Run Ever, including today's: seven miles. Despite what some people think, the human body was probably never made to go that far. Nonetheless, I persevered, and so did Kevin, who slogged through the miles with me. Our reward: a first-day-of-summer pancake party at the Norris Palace, although some in attendance were rather bushed from a solstice-celebrating sunrise bike ride.

I was busy with errands at sunrise today, wouldn't you know, but since the weather was glorious, and the bike is back in my hands, I couldn't let the day go without putting in a few miles pedaling, and so I did that too. May not be able to bike at all next week, as the new plan is for me to head to Des Moines on Monday to be part of the flood-recovery-planning effort now getting started out there. One thing at a time, I guess.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the link. Keep abusing my man too... it's good for him!