STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day 20: Showers

First of all, THANK YOU to the many contributors yesterday and today... my fundraising total has suddenly shot up! You will each be receiving additional, one-of-a-kind expressions of appreciation from me. The rest of you will continue to receive solicitous spam!

Since I ran 3.2 miles before work and then biked 22 miles after work, today was a two-shower day. (Three, if you count the thunderstorm that began immediately after I returned from the bike.) Because I can't help but luxuriate in a hot shower, as anyone who has ever lived or traveled with me knows, the two-shower day can keep me out of action for more than a little while, although I sometimes get some of my best thinking done in the shower, to the point that I become distracted and sometimes forget whether or not I've already conditioned. I'm not as bad as Scott, who once told me that when he used to get stuck writing papers in college, he'd often hit the shower to get his brain going -- and six- and seven-shower days were not unknown. Hmm.

I remember many no-shower days during summer camp, and I think I have had at least a few three-shower days, but one is still the norm... that is, for now. If the marathon training makes two the standard, well... I'm going to be pretty freakin' clean.

No comments: