STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Monday, July 21, 2008

Day 38: Djibouti

However long ago it was, I remember the song lyrics "get your booty on the floor tonight" -- except that, as a big geographically-inclined nerd, I couldn't help but hear it as "get Djibouti on the floor tonight." (Make my day.)

Could have and would have biked today... but should not have, and so I didn't. Got to rest the ol' IT bands. Instead, I got my booty down on the floor and caught up with some crunches, and then I did some push-ups. Crunch, push, repeat. I'd never pass for a good soldier, but doing this regularly -- usually right after runs, although I slacked off this weekend -- has actually resulted in notable changes to my physique. Yes, I said physique. I'm not Jean-Claude Van Damme... yet... but every little bit helps.

(With apologies to Technotronic.)

Make my day
Make my day
Make my make my make make my day
Pump up the jam...

4 comments:

JoshS said...

At Model UN, the big joke was to get up to the podium and say "Motion to shake Djibuti." We were hilarious.

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

LOL! That is hilarious. Way to get Djibouti on the dance floor! I ended up taking today off from running too - swollen ankles from hiking 5 miles uphill yesterday in Chaco sandles. Boo!

Unknown said...

I'm a big fan of Djibouti... don't tell Kevin!

John Lannon said...

Everybody's doing 100 pushups now. Hop on the bandwagon:

http://hundredpushups.com/