STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Day 41: Guts

I'd like to think that I have (or will develop) the intestinal fortitude -- figuratively -- to do all the running I'm going to need to do. The more immediate question is whether I have the literal intestinal fortitude.

I did today. Katie and I ground out four swift miles this evening, unslowed by the torrential rains. Hey, we're not made of sugar! This weekend Katie is doing an Olympic-distance triathlon up in Maine. To quote Marty McFly: "Heavy-duty!"

I didn't post anything yesterday because yesterday, nothing much happened. No running, no biking, lots of rain.

Nothing much happened today. Some guy nearly pulled me down the stairs at the Kendall T station this morning as he was rushing to try to catch the train -- he fell and almost brought me with him. I repeated to myself, silently: NFI. No Freak Injuries (or Illnesses, or Incidents, or Infections... etc.).

No comments: