STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Day 43: Pit stop

Nice day here in Boston. That means, of course, that it's a nice day for a run.

Eight miles this morning, the scheduled "long run" for today in the sawtooth-type pattern used by the training program. (Next week will be THIRTEEN -- yikes.) Not a problem, except that I needed to loop past the house midway and pause for a brief bathroom break.

Now I'm watching the Red Sox-Yankees game while doing some icing, laundry, and bill-paying; I may yet hit the bike and get in a few rolling miles a bit later. Finally picked up a pair of clear glasses yesterday (otherwise identical to my sunglasses) so I can see in the shade of the trail. Thought I might bike up to Westford to visit Kimball Farm for ice cream, but time was short, so I drove. Warning: the so-called "kid-sized" cone is in fact an illogically enormous portion that is challenging both to consume frozen (it melts fast) and to digest. Health food!

No comments: