STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Day 37: Bands and clips

I kept my eye on the weather radar today. A band of dark red -- severe thunderstorms -- was approaching, and I figured that once it passed by, I'd get in my run (3.2 miles today). So, after a giant thunderstorm that shook the house and flooded the street, the sun came out, and off I went. After four minutes or so, I was suddenly attacked by a rogue downpour, so I took refuge in the Alewife subway station entrance near Russell Field, but the rain soon stopped again, and off I went again, and I finished my run, did my cool-down walk around the block, and got home only moments before another giant thunderstorm arrived.

For the most part, I feel pretty good today, even though yesterday's Longest Run Ever broke into the double digits. My iliotibial ("IT") bands -- on the outsides of the knees -- are both a little sore, or stiff, so I put the frozen peas to work on them for a little while this evening, and the pancake-flinging Ms. Heinrichs gave me some stretching pointers.

Triple bonus! We Add Up has begun to post the videos Carson and I made during the bike trip on Treehugger.com -- check them out! The series will be posted gradually over the next few weeks.

No comments: