STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 19: Four months to go, and I need your help!

With exactly four months to go until the marathon, it's time to talk fundraising. The short version: CLICK HERE (or the "donate" button at the upper right of this page) to contribute to this crazy adventure of mine!

The longer version: I'm running the marathon courtesy of the Central Park Conservancy, for whom I have committed to raising $3,000. They're a worthy organization charged with keeping up one of the world's greatest public spaces. If you're reading this, you've been to Central Park, you know about Central Park, and/or you ARE Central Park (I'm thinking of you, Beeper!), and so you understand that while it's fun to picnic there, maintaining it is no picnic. (OK, OK.)

As I write this, thanks to the generosity of several early contributors, who will duly receive extra-special recognition from yours truly, I am 12% of the way to my goal. With your help, I can get all the way there. And if I exceed $3,000, I'll probably get a toaster or something from the Conservancy... which I'd give away to a super-super-lucky contributor. Of course, everyone who contributes will receive something from me. So, act now! And seriously -- thanks!

Before I forget... I biked 11.4 miles today, a pretty short ride since time was short. More soon.

No comments: