STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Day 30: Only 111 days and 20 hours to go

Morning run of 6.7 miles was divided into 5.6 and 1.1... punctuated by a brief bathroom break. (Oops.) I'll need to get that under control. Reminds me of an exchange from the old Britcom Are You Being Served:

Captain Peacock: "Mrs. Slocombe, you've been to the powder room five times this morning!"
[beat]
Mrs. Slocombe: "Well, it's been very chilly!"

I also managed to hit the pool a tiny bit more. Three quick swims over the weekend; only about 750 yards.

And now I head to the Federal City, Paris-on-the-Potomac... Washington, DC. A few days of Crucial Government Business awaits. While there I have one run scheduled, on Tuesday, and if my schedule permits, I'd like to try to do it outdoors. I've run in DC many times, but always at hotel treadmills... might be nice to take advantage of the balmy summer and run along the Mall. Why not?

Today is Day 30 since the bike trip ended, and there are 111 days and change to go until the marathon. It's still kind of hard to believe that I've signed up to do this, but I remember the countdown to the bike trip, which began six months in advance, so I figure, this countdown, too, is for real. Plus, as more people continue to contribute to my fundraising -- especially my parents and my grandma: thanks! -- the pressure grows to make this thing actually happen. Whoa.

Is 111 a lucky number in any culture? I hope so.

No comments: