STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Monday, July 7, 2008

Day 24: Wind beneath my wings

First: thanks to the generosity of Bette Midler, who really crapped it up in 1988's Big Business, my Central Park Conservancy contributions edged over $1,000 today! Incredible. Bette: call me!

The hot, humid days of summer in Boston are upon us. Today wasn't a running day, which was good, because I detected a small toe-blister last night. (Hey, I should hold back?) I combated it all day today by wearing a pair of Injinji socks, which are to regular socks what gloves are to mittens: each toe gets its own place to go. Seems like this might have worked, but the socks still feel weird.

Because I got to work early today, I left early (with a detour to Boston for a meeting), and so I called Katie, who had told me that her bike-commute home involves the Minuteman trail. I headed out from home and met up with Katie only a mile or so from the end of the trail, and we biked back together (with me logging a total of 18.3 miles), dodging oblivious rollerbladers, zigzagging strollers, and a man who was literally kneeling in the middle of the trail during rush hour, apparently depositing garbage, very carefully, right on the centerline. It takes all kinds, I suppose.

Super bonus: check out the videos page from the bike trip; as of this moment, 15 video clips are up, with more on the way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love me them toe socks, each little piggie safe in it's own home!