STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Friday, July 11, 2008

Day 28: Maybe it's the chlorine

Many people have commented that the picture of me on this blog looks hideous. Gee, thanks! So what if I'm pale and freakish-appearing? Maybe that's just the way I look.

Or maybe I look that way because years of (childhood) swimming in a chlorinated pool leached all the color right out of my head-bone. I was able to test that hypothesis today by taking a pool swim -- a short one, but still a swim. I'll monitor my pigmentation accordingly.

Actually, I look pale and weird because that picture was taken immediately after I completed a 5K back in December, just a couple of days before Thanksgiving. It had been rescheduled due to... blizzard. Oops. Boston winter.

Tomorrow: shortish long run, only 6 miles. Huzzah!

No comments: