STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day 23: Jordan, Jordan, Jordan, and other stuff

It's not even 4 in the afternoon, and already there's too much to try to remember...

  • Jordan K. and I set out on a "30-mile" bike ride this morning, and ended up clocking 42.3. Really nice ride, featuring the Minuteman Bikeway, Walden Pond, the Gropius House, and the DeCordova sculpture garden (where the elderly 'guard' said, somewhat sadly, that "she'd have to charge us" for entry, but tacitly encouraged us to return before- or after-hours to see the grounds).
  • After a lot of water, one Clif bar, an omelet, some toast, tea, juice, and chocolate, I logged a quick 3.2-mile run. Strong like ox!
  • I checked the contributions page and the total is really rocketing up! Thanks again to all contributors... particularly my brother Jordan, the rock star, who will be in Boston in just a few days. More creative thank-yous to everyone are in the works.
  • Acadia National Park has come up a few times recently in conversation, and today's Boston Globe featured a piece on Bar Harbor, including mention of the Jordan Pond House and its famous popovers, which I tasted on my only trip there two years ago. I was thinking of maybe doing the Mount Desert Island half-marathon in September, since it fits in with the training plan... we'll see. Right now I'm not entered in any races except the marathon, and I need a few milestones on the calendar to help motivate me.
  • Speaking of which, my friend and fellow-marathoner-to-be Michael Landon has created his own blog, admitting that he "totally cribbed this idea" from me. More profoundly, he notes that "It's easy to hastily set and destroy goals if they're not made public," although he also tosses off words like "homunculus." ML, who turns out to be pretty speedy, is running the Louisville Marathon on October 19. Rock star #2.
...and I'm probably forgetting a lot of other stuff.

No comments: