STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Day 46: Mile high

Yesterday I arrived in Denver for a few days of work. (The Sox did end up winning Sunday night, but because there was indeed an hour-long rain delay -- not really; check out the last paragraph of this article! -- I only saw five innings, and even then managed only five hours' sleep.) Flight left at 8 Eastern, landed at 10:30 Mountain, got to hotel at 11:55 Mountain, telcon at noon, meeting from 1 to 5. All the while, e-mails and phone calls were piling up, and my work laptop died. Ain't it great?

Today was much the same, but I got in my scheduled four miles, although on the hotel treadmill. I watched Wolf Blitzer on CNN talk about the indictment of Sen. Ted Stevens on corruption charges. Perhaps Senator Stevens, who astutely described the Internet as "a series of tubes," should have realized that when renovating his house, he needed to pay a series of bills, rather than having a series of lobbyists pay them for him. (But of course, the good senator is innocent until proven otherwise, right?)

Note to Mr. Hyde, who generously provided me with a long and interesting-looking list of things to do while in Denver: at this rate, I won't have a chance to do ANY of that stuff. Tomorrow's agenda, however, does include a trip up to Rocky Mountain National Park, and I hope I have better luck there now than I did last month.

No comments: