STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 51: Keeping IT cool

A little sore this morning, but, ever indefatigable, I got in 3.2 more miles of running, and even hit the bike for 9.1 miles, pedaling around town to run some errands and drop in unexpectedly on some people -- due to privacy concerns, I won't name them. (Is that OK, Crystal?)

The IT bands are my primary concern today -- after the near-half marathon yesterday, they are really the only parts of me that hurt. They got some good icing time this afternoon, and I think I'll be fine. I was a little stiff during the run today, but they seemed to warm up, or loosen up, as I went along, and I felt better. I was actually a little faster on this run than usual for my 3- and 4-milers, and that was satisfying. The trail was very crowded because I went running at about 11 this morning, but I was able to avoid running over toddlers.

And now, a quick word about the Wright Double-Layer Running Performance Super-Ultra-Mega Socks. I love them, and once they make it legal in Massachusetts, I might marry them.

Note: thanks again to my many contributors -- I'm 82% of the way to my goal of $3,000!

2 comments:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I love those Wright Double layer socks! Awesome. Way to go on your 13 miler. Not there yet - in two weeks maybe. Less than 3 months til marathon day! Whoa!

Unknown said...

As I'd like to remain anonymous, it was nice to see you at our residence in the unnamed location. You are always welcome here. Lots of love, Crystal.