STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 71: The trifecta

Another day of glorious summer weather here in Boston: perfect for running, biking, and playing tennis -- so I did all three.

Four early miles in a Charles River loop with Andy (who continued on for another eight; he's doing the Marine Corps Marathon in October), a quick stop at Stah Mahket for necessities, and then onto the bike towards Watertown, to meet up with Rachael for tennis. I eventually had to call it quits because after two days of tennis, my right arm and shoulder were tiring! Scarfed down some "food" at Panera, and then biked back to Cambridge, with a short detour to the bike trail to make sure I have my distances right (I do, apparently). Total on the bike: 12.6 miles.

Knees and shins are still a little bit sore, but nothing terrible, and I have been using the shin and knee braces on and off... I think they help. I am certainly feeling better than this past Tuesday, the day after I arrived in Idaho -- in the morning, I had a tough time heading down the flight of stairs for breakfast! Then again, I'd just run 15 miles, taken two flights (about seven hours on planes altogether), and driven three hours, so perhaps that's understandable.

Cleaned up some stuff at the house, spent some time on the phone, hit the shower... and now, except for a giant mountain of papers and to-do items, I'm all set to tackle a week in Cambridge. I fear that the giant mountain will take a VERY long time to level... the appropriately-named Labor Day will come in handy.

No comments: