STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Day 75: A few hours late and a few miles short

I'm entitled to one last bout of agita in the guts, right?

This has been a very busy week, with lots of work, little sleep, and much to do. I haven't missed a run, but today I realized I had to run not at 6:30 AM but in the early evening, and all the confusion was a little too much for my poor digestive system. I actually was really fast out of the gate, and through the first two miles, but then I suddenly realized it would be the better part of valor to cut things short. Carson once said that if I have a choice to do too much or not enough, do not enough, because rest counts, and Tom (of runnerslounge.com) also points out that running easy -- and recovery -- are probably the two most important parts of the training.

So I made use of my T pass, which I carry for emergencies, and let myself be whisked home the last mile and a half.

I have been feeling a lot better recently, and after a restful Labor Day weekend (which will still feature 20 miles of running and at least that much biking, if the weather and the physick cooperate), I hope to start resembling an East German gymnast. Mostly muscle, a little bone, no fat... and all attitude.