STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Day 62: Flakes & nuts

One of the advantages of being a frequent traveler is that I have achieved "gold" status at Marriott. This is mostly meaningless, but it does get me access to the concierge lounge that many hotels seem to keep squirrelled away from the sweaty masses (although many of the same sweaty masses seem to find their way there anyway). The lounge features free breakfast (this morning: corn flakes, banana-nut bread, and quasi-eggs), free snacks (veggie chips, fruit, pretzels, and mixed nuts -- more cashews this time than during recent visits), free hors d'whatevers in the evening (often "spring rolls"), free dessert at night (cookies, brownies, etc.), and all the complimentary beverages your bladder can negotiate. I usually stick with tea and, when the stomach cooperates (as it is now doing, thankfully), sparkling water.

Four miles on the treadmill this evening, as the weather was iffy. Again, I was formidable. At the conclusion of my run I noticed that the machine had become drenched in sweat, so I went to get a wipe to clean it off, but when I returned, a serious-looking man had already wiped it down and begun his run. They don't screw around, these no-nonsense executives.

No comments: