STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Day 70: 70 days

70 days (and a few hours) until the marathon. That means that since June 14, the first day of the blog (the day after the bike trip ended), half of my training time has gone by. Fortunately, I've already notched my distance up to 15 miles, so I'm more than halfway there, with half the time left. (Does it work that way?)

Today's long run was only (?) ten miles, as part of the up-and-down training plan. Katie ran with me and was kind enough to go slow enough for me to keep up. We ran down through Harvard Square and then along the Charles River, toward Boston on the Boston side, and then over the Harvard Bridge and back up to Cambridge on the Cambridge side. A truly glorious weather day made it that much better. Felt strong, and Katie tells me we were actually on the fast side. She promised to double-check on mapmyrun.com that the course really was ten miles!

I'm especially tired now (3:45 PM) because before the run, I played some tennis, for about an hour and a half, with JC, visiting from New York, where he is learning how to make lots of bucks. Props to JC for contributing to the marathon fundraising -- I'm almost 90% there! The "lumberjack" breakfast at Renee's, near Teele Square, helped to restore me. Fortunately, all of my travel yesterday, back from Idaho, worked out just fine.

And now, there's some Olympics, and some baseball, to watch, and some pretzels to eat, and then maybe a nap to take... before continuing on with the day's activities. Busybusy!

1 comment:

Ruhiyyih Rose said...

I'm watching the Olympic Men's Marathon right now. Holy cow what did we get ourselves into?

13 miles today, overcast, decent time, nice route (Capital Crescent Trail! Ballston to Bethesda). Feel good! Wahoo, 70 days!