STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Day 73: 145th time's the charm

This morning I completed my 145th run since I took this thing up last November. If I hadn't lost most of April and part of May to my bike-crash injuries... well. Mind-boggling in any case!

Headed out early this morning for a fast 3-miler so that I could be home by 8 to wait for the gas company to come and do its annual maintenance check on my boiler. I'm still waiting. They should be here by noon, or by the end of human civilization, whichever comes first, or second.

This was the first morning to have that late-summer chill in the air. It was sunny and calm, beautiful early hours, but I could feel the first taste of fall on its way. Although I haven't thought that I've been affected much by the weather, since I've now been running for nearly an entire year, this morning was a reminder that the coolness will bring some advantages, and I'm looking forward to that. I think autumn has always been my favorite season, not least because it features my birthday... but it should help the running a little bit. I was stronger on the 15-miler than on the 13-miler in part, probably, because there was less heat and humidity.

(Note: I actually ran 3.2 miles this morning, but I'll record it as 3.1, so that the total distance run since June 14 evens out to an integer. Yes, it's a little bit of a thing for me.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are even numbers your CDO? It's like an OCD, only the letters are alphabetical like they should be.