STATS: JUNE 14 THROUGH SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 2

Runs: 93
Miles run: 526.2
Longest Run Ever: the New York City Marathon -- all 26.2 miles of it!
Bikes: 18
Miles biked: 284

Time since the start: 2008-11-2 10:00:00 GMT-05:00

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Day 53: One more (last?) case of the you-know-whats

It's interesting how the body can come up big when there's a big challenge. 13 miles on Saturday? No problem. But when the stakes are small, the little annoyances can pile up. 4 miles this afternoon? Slight problem with the ol' stomach-bone, which kept me to 2 -- TWO -- miles. But I think that, finally, should be the end of that. At least, I hope so.

I haven't been running with knee braces recently, because they had actually been tearing into the backs of my legs, breaking the skin! Sometimes, though, after icing, I put them on to wear around the house. I also have neoprene shin-covers, and I wore one on my left leg last night. Not a bad feeling; tonight, I may try that again. Maybe I can find knee braces made out of neoprene, instead of the cheapo skin-tearing material.

To reiterate: the plan is still to run tomorrow and Thursday. I may also bike to work tomorrow, so that I'm in position to make a quick run to REI in the Fenway... I ordered some closeout stuff that was shipped there. "It might rain tomorrow," someone told me, cautioning me against biking. My response: "So what?!"

2 comments:

John Lannon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
John Lannon said...

Do not be discouraged by the digging in of the brace. Have you tried body glide? It's an indispensable product. It will likely keep that brace from rubbing and breaking the skin and will provide similar comfort on just about any surface.